STATE MEET APPAREL Here is a link to pre-order state meet apparel.
REQUIRED PARENT INFORMATION - updated 3/18/21:
2021 OHIO BOYS STATE MEET INFORMATION
• TWO spectators per athlete are able to attend!
• Admission is $15 per spectator – CASH ONLY!
• We will have a small concession stand on site with beverages and pre-packaged foods and snacks. This will be cash only.
• Please do not arrive any earlier than the set arrival time as you may not be able to enter the BGSU field house. The BGSU field house will be cleared out and sanitized between each session. There will be separate entrance and exit traffic flow – signs will be posted.
• There will be temperature checks upon entering the arena/gym
• Gymnasts are permitted to bring their own personal container with chalk in it or a team chalk container, if they choose.
• Please maintain appropriate physical social distancing in the seating area, the merchandise area and competition floor.
• We will be hosting an awards ceremony after each session. Cleaning will be done after each session to prepare for the next session; therefore, you must clear the field house immediately after the award session.
• USA Gymnastics has mandated a mask policy for all state and regional competitions. Please make sure you are aware of the guidelines below. We will be strictly enforcing these rules so our athletes will not be in jeopardy of the sanction being pulled for our state meet. Losing our sanction would mean all of our athletes would not be allowed to participate in the regional competition. Which would in turn mean our level 8, 9 & 10 athletes would lose the opportunity to qualify to the national championship meet. (click to see document from USA Gymnastics)
USA Gymnastics Sanctioned Event Mandatory Face Coverings for All State and Regional Championship Events
Effective immediately, USA Gymnastics requires that all participants and spectators wear a facial covering and maintain social distancing throughout the duration of any USA Gymnastics State/Regional Championship event.
Facial coverings should be fitted or cone-style and consist of multiple layers of fabric or medical-type (disposable) mask in order to qualify as a permitted facial covering. Bandanas, neck gaiters, mesh, or masks with valves are not permitted.
• During all competition and training sessions, coaches must wear a facial covering at all times, and maintain social distancing when not spotting. • During competition and training sessions, athletes must wear facial coverings at all times outside of during the performance of gymnastics. • All other participants, judges, event staff and spectators are required to wear a facial covering at all times and maintain social distancing protocols. Facial coverings are expected to be worn by anyone aged 2 or older.
Face Mask Medical Exemption Policy: Participants with a medical mask exemption must present a letter signed by their physician stating that a mask exemption is required. The letter does not need to include the medical reason for a mask exemption. Meet directors should provide face shields as an alternative to masks for those who are not able to wear a mask for a medical reason.
And as a reminder, all meet directors have the authority to enforce and require measures that will provide participates a safe event environment. Specifically, meet directors have the authority to: • remove and/or disqualify any participants; clubs, coaches, athletes, judges, other sanctioned event staff and spectators who fail or refuse to comply with local ordinances, such as non-compliance of facial covering and/or social distancing mandates. • eliminate and/or reduce the number of spectators in order to maintain the appropriate social distancing protocol. Meet directors are expected to communicate all restrictions clearly to all parents/guardians and are encouraged to seek creative solutions for parental viewing to comply with Safe Sport requirements such as: allowing one person from each club to live stream their athletes on a private club page and/or live streaming the entire event using a third-party vendor. • require the use of a facial covering and social distancing protocols throughout the duration of a USA Gymnastics Sanctioned event, even in the absence of such mandates in the state or local area. Meet Directors should clearly communicate the required facial covering and social distancing protocols in both pre-event and on-site communication. USA Gymnastics recommends and highly encourages to the use of facial coverings. Click here to view the Return to Competition Guidelines for other event considerations. USA Gymnastics has also developed signage and flyers that may help meet directors with on-site communication for face coverings and social distancing.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms or are just not feeling well, we are asking that you please stay home. • Feverish • Chills • Loss of taste or smell • Cough • Sore throat • Headache • Shortness of breath • Diarrhea • Nausea or vomiting • Muscle aches without recognized cause